Pastor of Discipleship & Young Adults
If you are interested in applying for the position please submit a cover letter and resume sharing your interest and qualifications.
Please submit all documents to email@example.com
It is the mission of First Covenant Church to grow deeper in Christ and further in mission.
As we seek to grow deeper and reach further, we are looking for a Pastor to join our team in the role of Pastor of Discipleship & Young Adults. We desire a pastor who is a passionate disciple of Christ and deeply devoted to God’s Word, His Church and His people.
• A high capacity, energetic, catalytic ministry leader
• An effective teacher/preacher with excellent communication skills
• Has a heart for and understanding of the emerging generations
• Able to identify and develop leaders
• Competent in equipping others to do ministry
• Adept at casting and communicating compelling vision
• Skillful in interpersonal skills and relational IQ
• Proficient in strategic planning and organizational leadership that facilitate relationship and spiritual growth opportunities
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Effectively identify, equip, and lead staff and volunteers in our Discipleship ministries (Life Groups, Adult Spiritual Formation, etc.).
• Provide vision and leadership for young adult ministry.
• Preach regularly as part of the teaching team.
• Develop systems and leaders to connect people in authentic Christian community that encourages life transformation in Christ and missional service.
• Provide vision and leadership for church-wide connecting events and strategize new opportunities to promote building community.
• Leadership partnerships with committed staff & lay leaders in discipleship and young adult ministry.
• Participation in a missional church with a culture of encouragement and support
• Opportunity to preach regularly and continue to develop communication skills.
• Freedom to explore areas of ministry passion and gifting.
• Executive Pastor
Works closely with:
• Ministry Staff
• Connections Ministry Leaders
• Life Group Leaders
• Adult Spiritual Formation Team
• Board of Christian Education
Desired Spiritual Gifts – Leadership, Teaching, Equipping, Shepherding
Education and Experience:
• a graduate seminary degree is preferred (M.Div. or MA in Christian Ed., or related degree)
• at least 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry setting where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and proven is preferred.