(Reviewed and updated by Board of Properties 6/14/05)
- Only Church sponsored groups will be allowed to use the van(s) for church sponsored function. These include: youth and children’s ministries, Covenant Men and Women, Senior Adults, Outreach Board, and Choir.
- Groups will reserve the van(s) through the director of properties.
- Request will usually be honored on a first come, first serve basis but the Board of Properties shall make the final decisions when there are conflicting requests for the van(s) and when requests are of an exceptional nature.
- Vans are only to be driven by designated drivers who have passed the driving and safety test. All drives must have their licenses checked and approved by the insurance company. Teenage drivers are strictly forbidden and drivers under 25 years of age must be approved by the Board of Properties. Drivers over 25 years of age are preferred for insurance coverage purposes.
- Insurance card and vehicle registration will be kept in the glove box.
- The drivers need to make arrangements to pick up and return the keys from the Director of Properties.
- Group driver(s) will need to fill out the van checklist before and after using the van. The director of properties will also fill out the same list before the van is available to be taken. After filling out the return list please place this list in the glove box for the director of properties. This list will be kept on file.
- Groups using the van will be required to cover some of the expense by paying for gas. The vans must be returned with a full tank.
- Groups using the van will be responsible for cleaning the van(s) after using them.
- SEAT BELTS ARE TO BE WORN BY ALL PASSENGERS AND DRIVERS. 88% OF ALL FATALITIES INVOLVING 15 PASSANGER VANS WERE NOT WEARING SEAT BELTS. IT IS THE DRIVERS RESPONSIBILTY TO ENFORCE THIS.
- The van capacity is 15 and this number can not be exceeded. It is also recommended to use the back seat as little as possible. If traveling with 12 or fewer passengers please do not use the back seat.