As we seek to grow deeper and reach further, we are looking for a Pastor to join our team in the role of Pastor of Connections and Discipleship. We desire a pastor who is a passionate disciple of Christ and deeply devoted to God’s Word, His Church and His people.
We believe that compelling community, where people build authentic relationships, provides the best atmosphere for encouraging people to go deeper in Christ and further in mission. The Pastor of Connections and Discipleship is responsible to provide leadership direction and development of the Connections and Discipleship ministries at First Covenant Church, including connectional next steps, Life groups, and adult formation opportunities.
We are looking for a high capacity ministry leader who is:
- Able to identify and develop leaders
- Competent in equipping others to do ministry
- Adept at casting and communicating compelling vision
- Skillful in interpersonal skills and relational IQ
- Proficient in strategic planning and organizational leadership that facilitates assimilation and spiritual growth opportunities
- An effective teacher with excellent communication skills
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Effectively identify, equip, and lead staff and volunteers in our Connections, Life Group and Adult Spiritual Formation ministries.
- Develop systems and leaders to connect people in authentic Christian community that encourages life transformation in Christ and missional service.
- Provide vision and leadership for church-wide connecting events and strategize new opportunities to promote building community.
- Assist in teaching and preaching needs of the church body.
- Perform additional pastoral duties as determined by gifts, needs and interests.
- Executive Pastor
Works closely with:
- Executive Pastor
- Ministry Staff
- Connections Ministry Leaders
- Life Group Leaders
- Adult Spiritual Formation Team
- Board of Christian Education
Desired Spiritual Gifts:
- A graduate seminary degree is preferred (M.Div. or MA in Christian Ed., or related degree).
- Licensed or Ordained in the Evangelical Covenant Church, or a willingness to be.
- Have at least 3 years of experience in a full-time ministry setting where the above qualifications have been demonstrated and proven.